Monday, February 6, 2012

puke face

(ADULT CONTENT BELOW)


     This started with a basic monochrome print from an image of my own face.  I then proceeded with the marker and paints and ended up with something I wasn't satisfied with at all.  I then swallowed a bunch of grey paint, gagged myself and threw up all over it.  Well, that's what I felt like doing anyway.  Not sure if the final application of grey slurry enhanced this or just underscored my strong dislike of working from a prefabricated image base.

4 comments:

  1. you look like a vampire who just finished feeding and is about to burst into flames. The smokeyness around the head is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not much difference between thin grey paint and smoke is there? Viewing it that way you also start to see a wisp of smoke coming out of the mouth too. Thanks for the perspective.

      Delete
  2. With that face (and hair!), I think you need to join Kiss for the next reunion tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right! Didn't even think of Kiss when I finished this. Probably 'cause this is a Gene Simmons look and I'm much more of an Ace Frehley at heart.

      Delete