Sunday, September 12, 2010

colorful accidents


     A little random expression to show my enthusiasm for my new experiment in watercolors.  What you see is exactly what it looks like; bits of paper towels stained with leftover watercolor paint.  I just cut out most of the white parts and slammed these bitches down on the scanner.  A couple of minor tweaks with my image editor of choice helped accentuate the texture and colors.

     My main reason for doing this was due the effect the paper towels had on the paint.  I enjoy how the colors bleed and separate (particularly the purple and blue) as the towel absorbs them.  I suppose I could develop this happy accident into something more deliberate and planned, perhaps experimenting with cloth or other absorbent materials.  Sort of a tie-dye kind of thing.  It's a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment