Friday, December 24, 2010

freak accidents

(ADULT CONTENT BELOW)


     When I was finishing this up with the pole through the head I suddenly realized this reminded me of that whole Phineas Gage thing.  I guess it's fitting this reminded me of a freak accident.  I feel like most of my drawings are freak accidents in their own right.  I usually despise planning in my artwork and I often just go with the flow when it comes to the basic shapes and ideas.  When I'm lucky, the end result is like some sort of weird, happy accident or a sort of order from chaos, if you will.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome... a noseless face! It makes me wonder if the air comes in through that yellow-tinged funnel thing on the left side of the poor fellow's head and drips out through the ends of his pointed teeth? Just a thought.
    A bah humbug xmas to you.
    Regards,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feh, noses are overrated. And may you stub your toe on the yule log : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santa's elves were never the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. This whole nosebleed phase (albeit without a nose on this one) is awesome.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone. Tune in tomorrow. I don't normally do anything special for the 25th but I do have a bit of a silly thing I've been tinkering with that I think I'll go ahead and post for the heck of it.

    ReplyDelete