Friday, December 10, 2010

rygar hanging


     More stuff from my past.  The creature at the bottom was probably the result of me playing the original NES Rygar game too much.  Looks a little like one of the level bosses.  I loved Rygar.  There was no time limit, no score, just a quest to complete and you could take your own sweet time.  My kinda game.

     Anyway, I'm sure there's lots of symbolism in this one but I've never really gave it much thought.  Maybe the little guy hanging below and inside the powerful beast man is supposed to be my vulnerable, inner self, preferring to die rather than face the difficulties and pain of life.  Or maybe he's just too tired from playing Rygar.

3 comments:

  1. This is really great. I notice once again you have something positioned on the edge, about to fall off. That stood out for me on your flower self-portrait as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gable: I know, right?


    Katn: Thanks. I never noticed that parallel before.

    ReplyDelete