Monday, October 17, 2011

blot faces 3 of 3, book of the dead

     Okay, folks.  Here's the final blot faces from the initial run of the first three I ever completed.  As you may recall, I had a little trouble getting the right amount of paint transfer time correct with the first two.  It was either too little or too much, resulting in only one of the sides turning out decently.  I guess what they say about the third time being the charm has more than a little truth to it.  Check out the dry side:
     Not too bad, eh?  At first, I thought I had simply repeated what I had accomplished with this one but then I looked at the wet side:
     Dang!  Now doesn't that remind you A LOT of ye olde Necronomicon!?  I know that's the first thing that jumped to mind when I saw it.  A quick Google search revealed that mine looks a tad happier than most but you have to admit the resemblance is undeniable.  The blood vessel effect from the sandwiching worked particularly well with this color to achieve that nasty human skin/leather texture.  In short, I am just tickled to death about this one : D

     Okay, okay.  I'll stop gushing over my own artwork and let you enjoy it for yourself.  If you'd like to see all of my blot faces together just follow the "wet/dry sandwich" tag below.  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. I can definitely see the Necromonicon. That fits right in with October!

    I also see the background as some nasty storm, just a ton of lightning and general nastiness and suddenly the face appears within it. So evil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never considered the lightning angle before but you're right! Thanks for the point of view : )

    ReplyDelete