Saturday, October 8, 2011

wild skull hair and a developing painter


     I'm getting more comfortable with painting.  More than that, I'm starting to develop a taste for it.  This was completed back in August and I feel it really shows my increasing level of comfort with the medium.  I have this continually changing, dark slurry of colors in the center of my paint tray.  When I started on this guy's hair, I just squirted a little yellow and a little blue into the slurry and just started painting, mixing the colors as I went.  The brush looked great, all swirled with yellow, blue and the almost blackness of the slurry base.  I just let the colors mix themselves on the watercolor paper with each brush stroke.  Fun fun stuff.

     Heh, I just finished scanning the last of my works for the OPG and it seems that I went JUST A LITTLE heavy on skeletons and skulls this year : P  And speaking of skeletons or (more specifically) skeletonians, be sure to get yourself signed up for the giveaway if you'd like a very good chance of getting some original artwork from yours truly.  They're a bunch of fun packed into a small package but don't take my word for it.

2 comments:

  1. There is no such thing as "too heavy" on the skellies and skulls.

    I like how the colors turned out. I'm no painter but I did experiment with painting in my youth, and watercolors are not easy to get used to. In my opinion, anyway. You are doing a fine job, sir. Glad you are having fun with it.

    I still need to think of a freakin' horror post. Why am I so lame that nothing has come to mind? I'm going on a road trip next weekend and will spend a total of 12 hours in the car by myself, so I'll have plenty of time to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey don't sweat your post too much. If you just want to scan a couple of Halloween decorations and pass them off as some lame excuse for content, that's perfectly fine.

    ReplyDelete